Let's get started
Complete the following steps in the Community Web Dashboard to set up your Community Signup Unit:
- On the Community web app, navigate to Settings > Integrations. Look for Add Signup to Your Website and click Create.
- Configure your popup form's appearance (enter custom text, apply colors, etc.) and click Continue
- From Confirmation you can customize the Member signup experience with Send Additional Confirmation (optional). Note: This is where you can place discount codes you may offer as an incentive to join. The Additional Confirmation message will automatically be sent after a new Member completes registration. When you're ready, click Continue.
- From Behavior configure your display mode to either popup or embed. Note: your Community Signup Unit will only display for web visitors in US and Canada. When you're ready, click Save Changes.
- From Installation Instructions, click Copy Code to copy the required code snippet.
Installing on Shopify
- Open your Shopify admin account
- Click on Sales Channels > Online Store > Themes
- Click Actions, then click Edit code from the list
- Locate the file theme.liquid and open
- Paste your signup unit code at the bottom of the file, above </body>
- Preview store and confirm the signup unit displays after the specified delay
- Click Save
- View store, confirming signup unit displays after specified delay
Your signup unit will only display on your website if you've placed the code snippet in your website's code (before the closing body tag </body>). This code snippet will work for any kind of website (e.g. WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, Shopify, and even custom coded sites).
To access your Signup Unit's code snippet, locate the Behavior tab from the Edit Signup Form page. Look for Installation Instructions > Code Snippet.
NOTE: The popup will only appear once; if you close the popup or submit a phone number, you will not see it again. To test the popup you should open the page in an incognito/private window.
To embed your signup unit elsewhere on your website, you’ll need to first place a container (<div>) onto your webpage and tag it with the following id:
After placing a container (<div> with the tag above) onto your webpage, you'll need to copy/paste the code snippet into your website's code (before the closing body tag </body>). To access your Signup Unit's code snippet, locate the Behavior tab from the Edit Signup Form page, look for Embed Instructions > Code Snippet.
- If you are getting a 403 forbidden error, this means that the signup unit code has not been published. You can click the Publish button in the signup unit settings and the form will be enabled.
- The signup will only appear to those with IP addresses from the US or Canada. Keep this in mind if your developer is located outside the US; they can use a VPN to switch their IP if they need to test.
- The signup may not appear in your testing environment, and it needs to be on a secure HTTPS page in order to appear. The page may need to be published and public for you to test.
- There is logic in place that prevents the signup unit popup from displaying multiple times. If you no longer see the popup but you'd like to review it, use an incognito window.