What is Reply Y?
Reply Y Onboarding is a fully TCPA compliant opt-in experience to enable ongoing 2-way communication with your audience. This experience enables your contacts to opt in and provide consent to receive recurring messages by simply replying Y, and does not require additional steps or require information from each contact.
NOTE: Choosing to use Reply Y Onboarding will restrict certain capabilities on Community:
- Due to the frictionless onboarding process, data that would otherwise be collected in a contact signup form such as Name, Gender Identity, Age, and Location will not be attached to the Members in your Community.
- You will not be able to utilize those specific member attributes to filter recipients for more personalized and targeted messaging.
How does it work?
- When Reply Y Onboarding is activated for your Community number, users can text any greeting to begin the onboarding process.
- Your Reply Y Welcome Message is then sent to the user. The required legal language is automatically appended to the end of this message.
- If the user responds Y or Yes (case insensitive), they will immediately be opted in. If there is no response or if the user texts any alternative message other than what was prompted, they do not become a Member and will not receive future texts.
- Once opted in, the Member will receive your Confirmation Message. STOP/HELP language will be automatically appended to the end and will only be sent one time. This is the final piece of required legal language for onboarding.
- After the confirmation message, your Contact Card is sent. Be sure to encourage your Members to save your contact card to their devices.
*The information provided in this presentation does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information is for general informational purposes only. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to all legal matters including compliance with applicable federal and state laws. All liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the contents of this presentation are hereby expressly disclaimed.
How do I set or update my Welcome and Confirmation Messages?
You will be asked to provide your preferred custom Reply Y Welcome Message and Signup Confirmation copy from our Integration Specialist or from your Account Manager after you begin the process to activate Reply Y for your Community Account. To update existing copy, reach out to your Account Manager or email us at email@example.com.
How can I request a Reply Y Onboarding for my Community?
Please reach out to your Account Manager or to request the feature directly from your account on the Community Dashboard Add-Ons Page.
View all our Add-Ons in your Dashboard
Add-Ons are available to Leaders on usage-based plans. Click the GIF below to view all Add-Ons in your dashboard or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.