In the article below you'll learn:
- Key Benefits of Automated Member Signup Series
- How to set up the messaging experience in Community
- Additional caveats of the messaging solution
Contact Community or your Community Account Manager for additional questions!
- TIP: As you learn more about your audience, establish the Community Keywords that will sort members into corresponding communities and allow you to help send more personalized texts in the future. Think of communities as a way to tag and organize your members after learning more about them through your Automated Signup Series.
Setup Process (Cont.)
- Visit the Settings page and click on the Signup Messages Tab
- You’ll see the existing messages that get sent out to new subscribers as well as a button to add additional messages. Click on that button.
- A window will pop up that will let you compose your message and choose when it should send.
- You can choose to send the message Immediately after the previous message, or to set a delay. Delays can be set in hours or days.
- Signup Series messages with a delay will not be sent during Community’s Quiet Hours. You can read more about Quiet Hours here.
- Once you’ve finished composing your message and choosing when it sends, click “Save Changes”.
- You’ll now see your new message including the delay you selected in the flow
- Continue this process to add up to 3 total automated sign up messages.
- As new members text your Community number, you’ll be able to track their engagement with the Signup Series including messages sent, total unique clicks and unique click through rate. It’s important to note that both Clicks and Click Through Rate (CTR) are unique counts. This means that if a member clicks the link more than once, they will only register a single click in these metrics.
- You’ll see aggregate metrics at the bottom of the screen that combine sends, clicks and average click through rate across all 3 Signup Series messages.
- AVG CTR is the average click through rate of all series messages with links.
- Please note that editing or deleting any message in the series will reset the analytics for that whole series. This ensures that you are getting the most accurate engagement data for the current series content.
Caveats & Additions
- This feature is available for leaders on any Usage-Based Plan. Email us at email@example.com for information on upgrading your plan.
- You can add up to 3 additional automated messages with a maximum delay of 3 days between messages.
- Uploading media (images, gifs, videos) is not currently available. However, if the you have a media.community.com link address from media you have previously sent, you will be able to paste that URL into a message.