Utilizing keywords has been a central theme of many Community features and our Keyword Response workflow automation takes things to the next level. You can now assign keywords as a trigger to deliver multiple texts at the pace of your choosing. Setting up a Keyword Response flow gives you an opportunity to create collective experiences like multiple day challenges, drive conversion for different calls-to-action, and deliver valuable content and insights. You can easily match Community Keywords with keywords in your Keyword Response flow to discover who lands in each segment and send more personalized texts in the future.
Let's get started
- Click on the Flows Tab in the navigation panel on the Web Dashboard
- Click on Create New Flow
- Chose Keyword Response from the list of templates
Creating a Keyword Response Flow
- Determine which keyword(s) you want to set as the trigger to your flow. Keep in mind that each keyword has to be an exact match, case insensitive, in order to register. Meaning, the text you receive from your audience can only contain one of the keywords you set and nothing else. Keywords can be words, phrases, #hashtags, symbols, or emojis. Click Continue to move on.
- Add Steps and Actions by dragging them from the menu or clicking the (+) sign in the canvas editor.
A Delay is a step type that will configure the amount of time to wait before triggering the next Action.
- When a Delay is added to your flow, options for multiple days, hours, minutes, or seconds can be selected. Click Done once you have set your desired delay.
NOTE: If no delay is set, the next action will be triggered immediately after the previous one. A delay can be set up to a maximum of 7 days.
Send SMS is an Action that allows you to automate a customized text to your Members.
- Compose a custom message that you would like to send to your audience after each delay. Click Done and you'll see the action saved in your canvas. Add additional steps and actions as you'd like to create your Keyword Response flow!
NOTE: By default, SMS from your Keyword Response flow will not be sent during Quiet Hours. There is a checkbox below your message editor that allows you to Ignore Quiet Hours. Read more about Quiet Hours here.
As new members enter into a Keyword Response flow, you’ll be able to track engagement for messages sent, total unique clicks, and click through rate.
- Both clicks and click through rate (CTR) are unique counts. If a member clicks the link more than once, it will register as a single click in these metrics. (Only applies to messages with links)
NOTE: Editing or deleting any message in the series will reset the analytics for the whole series. This ensures that you are getting the most accurate engagement data for the current series content.
Things to Note
- PRO TIP: When you are inviting Members to text the proper keyword to enter your Keyword Response flow, share a customized URL or QR code to pre-populate the keyword and avoid potential typos!
- Keyword Response Flows are available for any account on a usage-based plan. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in upgrading your plan.
- You can have a maximum of 50 keywords set in Keyword Response flows.
- Flows are only accessible through the Web Dashboard. You can still add single Keyword Responders on the Mobile App, however, it cannot be a duplicate to a keyword in a Keyword Response flow.
- Uploading media (images, gifs, videos) is not currently available. However, you can include hosted content links such as media.community.com addresses from media you've sent through Community and paste them into a message.